Sirens: agents interrupt the flight of the converter; Boy, 13, discharged for assault; Gun pointed at loss prevention employees
By The Staff of The Chronicle
CHEHALI POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A trailer was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue around 8:50 a.m. on March 9. The caller said he rented the trailer on February 11 and it was not returned.
• Just after 10:50 am on March 10, a wallet was reported stolen from the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the night before.
• An attempt to drive a vehicle was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue just before 6:45 p.m. on March 10.
• A tent and black bag were stolen from the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:10 p.m. on March 10.
CENTRAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
• An attempted catalyst theft was reported in the 1900 block of Cooks Hill Road just before 9.30am on 9 March. The vehicle owner said someone tried to cut out the catalytic converter, damaging the exhaust system.
• A glass door to a business in the 600 block of West Main Street was reported damaged just before 1 am on March 11.
• Officers disrupted an attempted theft of a catalytic converter in the 200 block of North Buckner Street just before 3:55 a.m. on March 11. The suspect reportedly fled in a stolen vehicle and was last seen on the highway.
• A 13-year-old student was referred to the district attorney’s office on possible fourth-degree assault charges just before noon on March 9 after he allegedly punched another student multiple times in the 900 block of Johnson Road. Minor injuries were reported.
• A possible first-degree assault reported in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue just after 1 p.m. on March 9 is being investigated. A male suspect allegedly pointed a gun at two loss prevention employees after the employees confronted a woman suspected of shoplifting.
• A Kent man was arrested in the 1000 block of Eckerson Road at 10.30pm on March 10 and was taken to Lewis County Jail on charges of fourth degree assault, domestic violence, after he allegedly grabbed a woman by the neck during an argument. .
• A bicycle was reported stolen in the 1400 block of Johnson Road just after 1:30 p.m. on March 9.
• Several shrubs were reported stolen from a landscaped area in the 200 block of East Summa Street just before 1:40 p.m. on March 9.
• A small caliber pistol was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 900 block of South Pearl Street just after 4.15pm on March 9th.
• Several power tools were reported stolen from the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue at 4:30 p.m. on March 9.
• At approximately 6:55 am on March 10, property was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of West Maple Street overnight.
• Mail was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Mellen Street just after 7:50 am on March 10.
• A wallet was reported stolen in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road at approximately 11:10 a.m. on March 10.
• Timothy J. Carroll, 29, of Centralia, was arrested at the intersection of West Main Street and North Washington Avenue just after 2:30 a.m. on March 10 and was sentenced to Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence, driving on a suspended license and operating a motor vehicle without an ignition interlock device.
• A vehicle accident without injury was reported at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Caveness Drive at approximately 3:50 p.m. on March 10. A private street sweeper truck collided with the rear of a vehicle, which pushed that vehicle into another vehicle. Minor damage was reported.
• A three-vehicle collision was reported in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just before 7:15 p.m. on March 10. A vehicle traveling eastbound allegedly failed to stop at a red light, collided with a vehicle and pushed it into another vehicle. No serious injuries were reported.
LEWIS COUNTY PRISON STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 160 inmates, including 142 in the general population and 18 in the Work Ethics and Restitution Center (WERC). Of the general population inmates, 119 were male and 23 were female. All WERC inmates were male.
The Sirens are compiled by journalist Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at [email protected] The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605, and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you have been a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence, or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Lewis County Youth Advocacy Center at 360-623-1990.